BEEN TRYING FOR 1 MONTH NO RESPONSE,DR DOUGLAS FROM {INDIA}

HI

DEAR DOCTOR DOUGLAS

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE WINDOW PERIOD OFR HIV AND HEPATITIS,3 MONTHS 12 WEEKS,OR 6 MONTHS,,IAM CONFUSED AND SURE ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE.WHEN SHOULD ONE TEST AFTER EXPOSURE.

WELL I HAD A EXPOSURE ON MAY 1WHERE I THOUGHT A USED NEEDLE WAS USED TO DRAW MY BLOOD,ALTHOUGH IAM NOT SURE THAT INDEED A USED NEEDLE WAS USED ,TOOK IT FOR GRANTED THAT A USED NEEDLE WAS USED TO DRAW MY BLOOD,BUT THE HIV STATUS OF THE PERSON I S UNKNOWN TO ME,EVEN IF THE NEEDLE WAS A USED NEEDLE.

THEREFORE TESTED ON JULY 28,WHICH IS 88 DAYS AFTER THE EXPOSURE AND ON AUGUST 2,WHICH IS 93 DAYS AFETR EXPOSURE,BOTH NEGATIVE THROUGH ELISA.SHOULDI TEST AT 6 MONTHS.NOW WHAT ABOUT HEPATITIS.

THANKYOU

AND GOD BLESS,LOTS OF LOVE FROM INDIA.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes. Most people test at 6 mos with antibody to HIV HCV and HBV. If you don't have antibodies to HBV then you should get vaccinated. DTD

second request need answered????
Jewelry gift gone bad. HEP C SCARE