HCV treatment

My husband just stopped the peg intron. He isn't very communicative, but he told me he was undetectable in the first twelve weeks. Other than that, all I got from him were his 'numbers are good'. I'm not sure what this means. If he doesn't clear the virus, can he be put back on pegasus the second time around? Is that an option?I've also heard of Natcell thymus extract that can help. Any ideas? He is also HIV pos. Thank you for your consideration.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Important thing to remember! The data is very impressive that relapsers will respond about as well as people who are treated for the first time. We usually switch brands when we re treat, although there is little data to support that switch. The fact that he was PCR negative at 12 weeks is a very good sign. Keep your fingers crossed! DTD

Staying Healthy..Please answer!
HELP my children may have been exsposed by house guest!