Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HBV Question for the Good Dr.
Sep 15, 2003

Hi Dr.,

I am wondering two things: 1. If I contracted HEP B from a girl who decided to tattoo herself and acquired the virus, could I possibly clear the virus on my own, with my own immune system or will I NEED treatment? 2. Please give me info on the Acute stage of HEP, and if drinking wine like I do every night can exacerbate all cases of HEP. Thank you sir, I am nervous after sudden illness brought on two days after having sex with one of my underclassmen (she is a student, I am a TA) it appeared as high fever and vomiting. I'm only 27 and too young for illness and too old to be making dumb choices like sex without rubber.My internist said it was a cold but no mucus or residual respiratory ailments make me nervous...I look foward to hearing of new data presented next month. Indeed, progress is beignn made on all fronts of virology. Thank you for your time Sir.

Best,

Leo

Response from Dr. Dieterich

First it is important to realize that most Hepatitis B is preventable by getting the vaccine. GET VACCINATED! Second, most (85%) of people who get HBV get better on their own! Third, drinking wine every night will certainly not help your liver any! Finally, you should always be using a condom and you should not be having sex with your students either! DTD

Previous
Infant HCV Diagnosis
Next
Staying Healthy..Please answer!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.