Hep B carrier male and Hep C female

Dear Doctor,

My fiance is a Hep B carrier and I had found out recently that I have chronic Hep C. I was told that the virus level was high, but I'm asymptomatic at this point except for the liver biopsy resulting in inflammation at stage 1.

I would like to know if having unprotected sex would cause a threat to my system.

Thank you very much for your time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

One of the first things you should do when you have a diagnosis of HCV is to find out if you need vaccines for hepatitis A and B. If you are not already immune, then you should get vaccinated ASAP. It will take six months to get your HBV vaccine series and then another month to check for your response. If you are immune to B already, then before unsafe sex you should both get your HIV checked and you might ask her if she has seen the GYN and gotten tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis. You should also be tested for syphilis. Sounds like it will be a lot easier to keep using condoms! In any case you both should do these things anyway for your health, then if you are still together in 6 or 7 months, it may be possible to give up the condoms! Good luck and stay safe! DTD

Is there anything else besides supernatural healing?
Infant HCV Diagnosis