Sep 8, 2003
I was tested for hep C. The test came out positive. I went for a second opinion and they said I did not have it. Is this possible? To go to one doctor and they say yes but another one says no? I am confused.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes that is possible. What happened is probably that you have the antibody to HCV but no virus. Lots of doctors get confused by that. I would recheck for the virus in 6 months, just to be sure. Stay well! DTD
Follow-Up to lab result question
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
- Syphilis Rash Under Armpit
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.