Sep 8, 2003
I was tested for hep C. The test came out positive. I went for a second opinion and they said I did not have it. Is this possible? To go to one doctor and they say yes but another one says no? I am confused.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes that is possible. What happened is probably that you have the antibody to HCV but no virus. Lots of doctors get confused by that. I would recheck for the virus in 6 months, just to be sure. Stay well! DTD
Follow-Up to lab result question
- What Happens If Chlamydia Is Left Untreated?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Can't You Do With Herpes?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.