hepatitis C through sex? part 2

hi, it's me again. i accidentally pressed the enter key and it submitted the question without the remaining part. another question i have is this: though the intercourse part itself was always performed with the use of a condom, we went quite wild being mutually oral, and unprotectedly so too. could one get hep C that way? what are the odds of getting it through sexual intercourse? and if, God forbid, i did get it from her - is it a death sentense to me and/or my liver? ANY info would be greatly appreciated - i am really freaking out here. thank you, Michael

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Somebody please read the other answers about sex! HCV is not really a sexually transmitted disease between heterosexuals. In gay men it does appear to be sexually transmitted. There are no mucosal receptors for HCV unlike for HIV. Therefore the virus has to get into the blood stream like through anal intercourse. Relax, get vaccines for hep A and B get your HIV tested and continue to use condoms and have fun...safely! DTD

Could you help with my test results please?
from a nurse.....