Treat or not with Major Depression

Dr. Dieterich, I have been diagnoised with Hep c about 4 months ago. I am a Genotype 1 with a low 930,000 viral load. I have a big problem with depression and have been hospitalized before because of it. My biopsy showed I am at bridging fibrosis and that I have a lot of inflamation a 3/3. With my depression as bad as it is I want to avoid treatment. I have switched to a liver friendly diet and stopped drinking. Do you think I should treat, or am I better off waiting for a new treatment that maybe doesn't have such bad sides? David

Response from Dr. Dieterich

With a biopsy like that, you should really consider treatment. We have not had a problem with people who are already under care for depression. It is a very good thing that you stopped drinking too, both for the depression and for the liver.If your psychiatrist and your liver MD work together, then I think it is a doable thing. Good luck! DTD

3rd jab taken when pregnant
Could you help with my test results please?