For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

your response on 4 mar 02

Dr. I am from out of your state but due to your expert knowledge I would appreciate if you would provide me an answer. You stated in a 4 Mar 02 response that you normally do a Quant PCR instead of a Qual as very little difference except that qual read to 50 copies while quant read from 600-1000. You stated that the virus rarely lives that deep. I test one time pos. for the anti-body and two later times neg. for the antibody. I have had two PCR Quants done and both read <6oo. The VA says I am infected, but if virus rarely lives at that level, am I really infected. I have sent you two other E-mails but received no response. Could you please answer me on this one.

I know you are a very busy person but it would be deeply appreciated.

I scan your site daily and appreciate all the info I read.

Thank you,

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If your antibody is negative twice and the PCR negative twice then I do not think you are infected. The one positive antibody test is probably a false positive. Stay safe! DTD

Sir , just one followup question
YYMD treatment and cirrhosis