|what are the true stats
Aug 18, 2003
I asked a question this morning about me daughters possible hep c exposure through a razor and i wanted to also ask why when i go on other web sites many state that hep c can live for a few weeks to even a few months. what are the true statistics and why are there different opinons?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It depends on the circumstances. If HCV is moist and insulated and warm inside a blood clot it can last for weeks. If it is exposed to air water, shaving cream, detergents or sun, it is gone. Stop worrying! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Are Herpes Located On The Vagina?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Do Genital Herpes Look Like When They First Start?
- What Causes Shingles In Adults?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.