Please reply its urgent

Please do me a favour by interpreting results : age 50 yrs/, male , HEP SURF EIA test Positive HEPATITIS B E ANTIGEN test negative , HEB B DNA ULTRA QT 5.84 pg/ml (Normal 0.04 pg/ml) , HEP BE ABS Qual.test Detected (0.075 patient value as against cut off of 1.101 )

Please help me telling

1.whether the virus is active, high is the level 5.84 pg/ml of DNA , 3.i should go for interferon or lumuvinide.

Please doctor its very urgent

Thanking you in advance

Response from Dr. Dieterich

That is a reasonably low viral load, but would qualify you as a precore mutant virus. In the best of all worlds I would suggest a liver biopsy. If that is not possible, then I would go ahead and treat the hepatitis B. Hard to determine which medication to use. In the US I would use adefovir(Hepsera). DTD

A question for the good Dr.
what are the true stats