|Please reply its urgent
Aug 18, 2003
Please do me a favour by interpreting results : age 50 yrs/, male , HEP SURF EIA test Positive HEPATITIS B E ANTIGEN test negative , HEB B DNA ULTRA QT 5.84 pg/ml (Normal 0.04 pg/ml) , HEP BE ABS Qual.test Detected (0.075 patient value as against cut off of 1.101 )
Please help me telling
1.whether the virus is active, 2.how high is the level 5.84 pg/ml of DNA , 3.i should go for interferon or lumuvinide.
Please doctor its very urgent
Thanking you in advance
Response from Dr. Dieterich
That is a reasonably low viral load, but would qualify you as a precore mutant virus. In the best of all worlds I would suggest a liver biopsy. If that is not possible, then I would go ahead and treat the hepatitis B. Hard to determine which medication to use. In the US I would use adefovir(Hepsera). DTD
A question for the good Dr.
what are the true stats
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.