A question for the good Dr.

Hi Dr.

I had unprotected sex on Saturday night with a female. Just intercourse (not that this is innocuous!) but unprotected at that. I am 27 and rarely get sick. I have only had one other partner in my life. So today is Monday and I have had a fever and am a bit weak.

1. Could this be symptoms of HEP B or C? Viruses almost always provoke a fever in humans, right? I ask because there did seem to be some acute illness, though my layman knowledge of medicine suggests this is not enough time for an acute viral illness, HEP or HIV. I am scared. What an idiot I am to have unprotected sex in the 21st century. Hopefully, there will be more novel appraoches to treatin gviruses like T-20 and perhaps even a cure (it is plausable, right?).

2.I figure it took ten years from only AZT in 1986 to an impressive array of drugs in 1996 that show great efficacy against a recalcitrant enemy. Science took us form a death sentence to a manageable illness in remarkable time!So by 2006 I bet there will be a vaccine for at least one strain HIV, they will continue to study nonprogressors and it will happen.

3.Also speaking of vaccines, does the HEP vaccine help once you are infected.

4. Lastly do antibiotics aggravate the disease (HEP)? Sorry for the ramble and verbosity, i am nervous.

Thank you

Leo

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Relax Leo, You probably caught a cold! While you are thinking about it go see your MD and get vaccines for hep A and B. And carry a condom with you in the future! DTD

It may SEEM silly, but it's really NOT!
Please reply its urgent