Aug 11, 2003
Dr. Dieterich, I believe I may have been stuck by a needle on the street (in the arm). I have a hole in my shirt, etc. How likely is it to contract HIV from such a one-time incident? What is the treatment? I will soon have a Western Blot test. How accurate is it?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I would also check for HBV and HCV. And if you are not vaccinated for HBV and HAV, then I would go ahead with that while you are thinking about it. That is a low risk exposure, but you are correct to follow up on it! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- Vaginal Pressure Prickling And Tingling
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.