Aug 11, 2003
I have HCV 1A, was on Alpha interferon and rebetrol for 9 mths took me off because count went back up. Have been off for almost a year and recent Alt came back fine. Still HCV detectable was told I would not respond to interferon based treatment. Any suggestions or is there anything new that might help. Thanks...your column is great.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Actually that is not true. If you responded and relapsed, your chances are quite good of responding around 40%. Even if you never responded at all, treatment with Peg and RBV will have about an 11% chance of a cure! If your biopsy requires it, then you should go ahead. Good luck! DTD
Dr. Dieterich please answer; you have knowledge in this area
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Rash?
- Is Sore Throat A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.