Managing Director

Dear Sir, I need to know what is the normal time to get back to the normal GGT after drinking . For example If I stop drinking for 15 days , should my result be OK. Putting in mind that My GGT when I drink is almost 85. Thank you for your reply.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Alcohol related elevations may take weeks to months to resolve depending on the person. You would help things by also taking some antioxidant vitamins at the same time, like B C and folate. If your enzymes are elevated from drinking, then you should not be drinking at all! Stay well! DTD

Cirrhosis because of HCV and HIV
frequency of liver biopsy