|aids and hep. transmission
Mar 11, 2001
hi.i"m a doctor.before 2 weekks i was stocked with a surgical suture needle that was lying in the room for at least 4 days (not a needle for injection,there is no hole in the needle).i didnt see any fresh blood on it.what is the risk for hiv transmission and what for hep B and C? i was vaccinated for hep B before one 2 years. do i need to take blood tests for hiv and hepatitis my hotmal is: firstname.lastname@example.org thank you
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Your risk of HIV infection is none after four days.You are immune for HBV. The only consideration would be HCV and recent studies indicated that the risk is proportional to the gauge of the needle.As you indicated the needle was non hollow so your risk is very ,very minimal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.