When will tx be available?

Dear Doctors.... Thank you for your efforts in answering all of these questions. I have recently been diagnosed with HepC (Nov. 2000) and have had a biopsy done. Results showed mild activity, possible expansion of the portal tracts, but no definite bridging fibrosis or cirrhosis. HAI: 6 out of 18. Can you tell me what stage this HAI indicates and your opinion on these results? Also, I would like to begin tx this summer, but am waiting for Peg/Ribavirin combo. When will this be approved. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

According to your biopsy results you have mild disease.Peg-Interferon alfa2b was approved last month, and it should be available in the next weeks.Peg-interferon alfa 2a is still pending approval by FDA,expected for the summer.Ribavirin alone or in combination with any of the above Peg is still not available.

hiv/first signs
The body and body system effects of Hepatitus B