|Lamivudine for HBV
Mar 11, 2001
Hi Doc, My great doc described Lamivudine for my HBV. I wonder why so because this drug is primarily for HIV. I would have thought from what I have seen in this forum that Interferon was better for me. Any reasoning?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Lamiduvine is effective against HBV in around 50% of the cases.We use a combination of lamiduvine for six months followed by interferon therapy in an effort to reduce relapses that frequently occur after HBV treatment. Your right, lamiduvine also is commonly used as part of the HAART (highly active antiretroviral treatment) in HIV.
- Can Hepatitis C Be Transmitted Through Saliva?
- Do Doctors Test For Hiv When Your Pregnant?
- Can You Get Hiv Using A Condom?
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- Urinary Tract Infection Hiv Early Symptoms
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.