|Need treatment or not?
Jul 24, 2003
Hi, doctor, I contracted HepB for maybe 20 years. I have three positives, they are: HBsAg, HBeAb, HBcAb. My DNA test is negative and ultrasound shows no problems. But I sometimes feel dull pain on my upper right side. My question is : Do I need treatment? What kind if needed? Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You have already beat the infection. I might recommend that you make sure that DNA is done by PCR or bDNA. If that is negative then you are fine. Alfa fetoprotein is the only test that you have not had, but it is likely to be OK also. That pain may be from somewhere else than your liver! DTD
PLEASE could you help me am I HepC positive or not?
- What Color Is Chlamydia Discharge?
- What Are The Stages Of Chlamydia?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.