all tests are negative except hcv -ab

my father is 59 years old .he is diabetic.3 months ago he did tests for hepatitis b and c.evey thing was normal :quantitative hcv by DNa,homocysteine,hbv-ab ,pcr,and liver functions and enzymes. the only test which was positive was HCV-Ab .it was 4.89.so is this mean that he has heptitis?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If his HCV RNA by PCR or bDNA was negative then he does not have HCV now, but may have had it in the past and gotten better. That is good news! I usually re check the HCV RNA in 6 months or so just to be sure. Congratulate him! DTD

FOLLOW UP TO BJ QUESTION
Plzzz Answer Me