|all tests are negative except hcv -ab
Jul 8, 2003
my father is 59 years old .he is diabetic.3 months ago he did tests for hepatitis b and c.evey thing was normal :quantitative hcv by DNa,homocysteine,hbv-ab ,pcr,and liver functions and enzymes. the only test which was positive was HCV-Ab .it was 4.89.so is this mean that he has heptitis?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If his HCV RNA by PCR or bDNA was negative then he does not have HCV now, but may have had it in the past and gotten better. That is good news! I usually re check the HCV RNA in 6 months or so just to be sure. Congratulate him! DTD
FOLLOW UP TO BJ QUESTION
Plzzz Answer Me
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.