hepatists C

5 years ago i was diagnosed with hepatitis c, i have been taking intron shots as a part of my treatment. in the year of 99 i stopped taking treatment and gotten very ill was hospitalized in intensive care for 3 day not knowing if i was going to make it. now i recently went to another doctor for a follow up and he informed me i nolonger had hepatist c nor did he find a trace of it. i would like to know is there anyway i could have went into remission.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sure. Sounds like you are cured! That is the point of HCV treatment. HCV is curable unlike HIV. That should also make your HIV must easier to control as well! We generally consider a negative PCR test for HCV at 6 months after stopping treatment the sign of a cure. I would also check it again about 12 months after stopping. Congratulations! Keep it up! DTD

What would you expect as a prognosis
Need simple drug therapy plan