husband has hepB, can I become pregnant

hi, I am trying to become pregnant, but am worried that my 3rd shot of hep B vaccine is due after 4 months. I would like to put the vaccine off but my husband is suffering from Hep B so I am not sure if I will be safe. Also, he is currently taking Zeffix(lamivudine 100mg) for his condition and will need to take this for some time, but I couldn't get a clear answer out of our doctor whether it's safe for us to conceive a child in the mean time. pls help...

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It depends on the result of your husband's HBV DNA. If it is undectqble then he is unlikely to transmit the virus. However if he is not then you are not 100% safe. I would wait until you get your third shot and check your antibody level and his DNA, then you will have a better idea about what your chances are. The vaccine is very effective but 100% and you have to consider the baby as well. Good luck! DTD

Hep virus out-of-body lifespan
72 weeks better than 48???