I have a question, Dr. Dieterich

I have a question. My husband is HIV pos. and also is undergoing treatment for Hepatitis C. He is in his seventh month of treatment with the peg intron. His doctor said he was undetectable still. Is this a good sign? Can he get rid of the Hep C in the presence of HIV? He also is having alot of pain in his legs. Could this be from treatment or from the HIV meds? If you could give me you input, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Concerned.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It sounds promising! He can certainly be cured if he has HIV. We have many patients who have been cured. If his legs hurt he needs to be evaluated for peripheral neuropathy caused most often by the D drugs DDI and D4T. He also needs to have a serum lactate checked to be sure he does not have lactic acidosis. Good luck, it sounds good! DTD

Urticaria and Hepatitis
Extacy+Acute Hep B