|Herpes and HCV
May 20, 2003
The man I am dating just informed me he has HCV. I don't know anything at all about it yet. But I told him I have herpes and he said that might be a problem. We haven't had sex yet, but when/if we do, what risks am I taking?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question. You should have safe sex and you will be fine! HCV is not really a sexually transmitted disease through heterosexual vaginal sex so even if you did not have safe sex, you should be fine. However if you have herpes to protect him, condoms should be the order of the day! Good luck and have fun, but be safe! DTD
long-term side effect from ribavirin
Actigall use/ Long term high bilirubin
- Is Pain In Urethra A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.