Herpes and HCV

The man I am dating just informed me he has HCV. I don't know anything at all about it yet. But I told him I have herpes and he said that might be a problem. We haven't had sex yet, but when/if we do, what risks am I taking?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. You should have safe sex and you will be fine! HCV is not really a sexually transmitted disease through heterosexual vaginal sex so even if you did not have safe sex, you should be fine. However if you have herpes to protect him, condoms should be the order of the day! Good luck and have fun, but be safe! DTD

long-term side effect from ribavirin
Actigall use/ Long term high bilirubin