|i have a low wbc
Mar 7, 2001
i have been ill recently with a virus - left me low - have had fevers etc and dr gave me a blood test - came back low white blood cell count which they want me to see an immunologist about. im gay so first thing i thought was - the worst altho ive never had unsafe sex except oral.....anyway - how long does hiv take to begin attacking wbc and causing the count to be low? i know i shld just have the test but am scared to to be honest
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Low WBC is caused by many viral infections besides HIV.Low WBC can be seen with both the acute and chronic HIV infections.Do the test to be sure, because of your possible risk factor.
hepatitis B and HIV TEST
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Is Mucosal Herpes Infections?
- What Happens When Gonorrhea Is Treated?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Color Is Discharge From Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Aids Or Hpv From Open Mouth Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.