i have a low wbc
Mar 7, 2001
i have been ill recently with a virus - left me low - have had fevers etc and dr gave me a blood test - came back low white blood cell count which they want me to see an immunologist about. im gay so first thing i thought was - the worst altho ive never had unsafe sex except oral.....anyway - how long does hiv take to begin attacking wbc and causing the count to be low? i know i shld just have the test but am scared to to be honest
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Low WBC is caused by many viral infections besides HIV.Low WBC can be seen with both the acute and chronic HIV infections.Do the test to be sure, because of your possible risk factor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have HIV
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.