Mar 7, 2001
My live-in boy friend has had HBV for some time now. My Doc took my blood for tests which back NEG. Now they want a PAP smear of me and my boy friend wants to know why, if they could not find anything in the blood.
Thank you Dr.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Probably your doctor wants to be sure that you don't have any other sexually transmitted disease.This test is not related to HBV infection risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do Pap Smears Diagnose Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Does Cervical Cancer Cause Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.