May 14, 2003
can animals get this disease? can animals give this disease to humans? if the answer to either of these quesions above is "yes", which animals can??
Response from Dr. Dieterich
There are no animals that can really get hepatitis A or C. However there is an infection in some animals that is related to hepatitis B. It is found in wood chucks, ground squirrels and peking ducks who all can get hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. This is a differenct virus however and cannot infect humans. You can get some diseases from animals, but not hepatitis! DTD
douglas t. dieterich
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
- Can Hepatitis B And C Survive In Water?
- Cum On Hand And Then Fingering
- How Accurate Is An Hiv Test At 6 Weeks?
- How Big Will Lymph Nodes Associated With Ars Swell?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.