Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Possible Oral Transmission
Mar 7, 2001

Dear Dr. Maribel, I had been involved in a possible high-risk behavior in November of last year. I sucked a girl's nipple for less than 1 minute. I have no idea about her hiv status. The incident took place at a very dark environment. As a result, I couldn't be 100 sure that there was no any kind of fluid or blood on her nipple. However, I didn't taste or smell anything while sucking! I'm extremely worried that I may have been infected with hiv or hepatitis b/c. There was no any forms of sexual intercourse happened between us. My friend told me that it is very common for females to have discharge on their nipples. Is it true? Please kindly assess my risk! Really Worried!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

There is no evidence that you can get HCV that WAY.

Previous
Private message from Aryeh
Next
Mucous Membranes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.