AIDS and Hep C

I have AIDS (CD4 Count is 32), I also have Hep C and I have been advised to consider interferon treatment for the Hep C in hopes that it might treat the Hep C and also allow the antivirals to work better. I am concerned about the success rate and the side effects

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Those are rational concerns. However HCV can have a seriously detrimental effect on CD4 cells and the liver disease will progress much more rapidly in the presence of HCV. The side effects can be difficult but can be made tolerable by your MD. The long lists of side effects are well detailed elsewhere. Good luck! DTD

PLZ REPLY BACK
student with hep b