|AIDS and Hep C
Apr 23, 2003
I have AIDS (CD4 Count is 32), I also have Hep C and I have been advised to consider interferon treatment for the Hep C in hopes that it might treat the Hep C and also allow the antivirals to work better. I am concerned about the success rate and the side effects
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Those are rational concerns. However HCV can have a seriously detrimental effect on CD4 cells and the liver disease will progress much more rapidly in the presence of HCV. The side effects can be difficult but can be made tolerable by your MD. The long lists of side effects are well detailed elsewhere. Good luck! DTD
PLZ REPLY BACK
student with hep b
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.