|Are we at risk?
Apr 23, 2003
My father was diagnosed with Hepatitis B and cirriosis of the liver, this week. We visit them on a regular basis is there any risk to myself and my own family from contracting the virus? The doctor he is seeing thinks he might have contracted the virus from a blood tranfusion 29 years ago could this be true? Should myself and my family go and have bllod tests? Look forward to hearing back from you Mr Wayne Lennard
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis B is really only spread through blood and sex. Your Dad is not contagious to family members. The chances are good that your kids have already had HBV vaccines. If you and your wife have not, then I would recommend it for peace of mind. It takes 3 shots over 6 months for the vaccine and all kids are getting it from their pediatrician. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.