Please help!! CMV needlestick exposure

Last nite I received a minor needlestick "scratch" from a patient who is CMV positive as a result of immunosuppresive therapy for transplant. What are the chances of acquiring CMV this way? What would CMV do to me if I did get it? He is HIV- Hep A, B, C negative. I have hd my Hep B vaccine. In this case I am mostly concerned about the CMV. I am going through the blood draws, testing for HIV, Hep, and CMV titer as a baseline.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

CMV is a very common infection and the chances are that you already have had it. It is basically like mononucleosis and presents the same way. The only way it can really become a problem is if you are pregnant. Then it can be a devastating infection in the newborn baby. However it is treatable if you do get it. Unless you are immunocompromised yourself, it should not be an issue. DTD

hep c and kissing
Safe sex for Hep B +ve