Is it Too Late

I was diagnosed with HepB January 2002. When I finally seen a doctor I was real sick. The doctor told me that there wasn't anything that they could do. He gave me a HepA shot. I was never prescribed any medicine to help my liver repair itself and to help my immune system get stronger. At the time I was diagnosed, I had a few other things that were going on. I have gone to the doctor a number of times to do followups and they always treated me like I didn't know anything. But, Iknow my body and I know that at this time there is still something wrong with me. I have tried Vitamin C to help my immune system because I heard that it is real good for the bodies immune system. Now, reading in magazines and different web sites I am starting to worry even more. I always thought that Hep C was the only deadly one. Is it too late for me to start medicine to help rejuvinate my liver? My dad had Hep when I was younger and he died of psorossis(?).I don't want to die from this disease like he did.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If you are not responding to conservative treatment for Hepatitis B then you could take either lamivudine or adefovir which are both highly effective. Talk to your MD about it. Good luck! DTD

Genotype 3A
HELP!!