|women and immune response
Apr 7, 2003
I read somewhere that women generally have a better response to Hep treatments. Without sounding sexist, do women have better immune systems than men? And if so, why is it so? (More T cells, more overall lymphocytes?)
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Women do indeed have better immune systems than men. They also get more auto immune diseases because of that tendency. However in the analysis of hepatitis C treatment when analyzed for weight then the advantage of female sex in treament went away. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.