|women and immune response
Apr 7, 2003
I read somewhere that women generally have a better response to Hep treatments. Without sounding sexist, do women have better immune systems than men? And if so, why is it so? (More T cells, more overall lymphocytes?)
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Women do indeed have better immune systems than men. They also get more auto immune diseases because of that tendency. However in the analysis of hepatitis C treatment when analyzed for weight then the advantage of female sex in treament went away. DTD
Am I a Hep B carrier
- Chances Of Women Infecting Men With Hiv
- Negative Hiv Test After Window Period Should I Retest
- Folliculitis And Early Hiv
- Can I Get Hiv From Using Public Restrooms?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Hiv Medication And Stomach Bloating
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.