women and immune response
Apr 7, 2003
I read somewhere that women generally have a better response to Hep treatments. Without sounding sexist, do women have better immune systems than men? And if so, why is it so? (More T cells, more overall lymphocytes?)
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Women do indeed have better immune systems than men. They also get more auto immune diseases because of that tendency. However in the analysis of hepatitis C treatment when analyzed for weight then the advantage of female sex in treament went away. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.