Apr 7, 2003
Colleaugue who is HBsAg +, antiHBc + and antiHBe+ with HBV PCR result <1000 genome/ml 5 months earlier had a needlestick injury and was given hepatitis B booster. Does Hepatitis B booster affect HBV PCR analysis?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Vaccine booster does not affect either HBV or PCR. However would make sure that the PCR is indeed negative with a repeat. Sounds promising! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Rash In Blotches
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Hiv Aids Patients Rapid Graying Hair
- Is Blood The Most Common Source Of Hbv And Hiv In The Workplace?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Sex With A Condom On?
- When Is A Person With Hiv Most Infectious For Transmission?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.