Apr 7, 2003
Colleaugue who is HBsAg +, antiHBc + and antiHBe+ with HBV PCR result <1000 genome/ml 5 months earlier had a needlestick injury and was given hepatitis B booster. Does Hepatitis B booster affect HBV PCR analysis?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Vaccine booster does not affect either HBV or PCR. However would make sure that the PCR is indeed negative with a repeat. Sounds promising! DTD
spit eye hep transmission
Am I a Hep B carrier
- Will Hpv 6 And 11 Clear On Their Own?
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Kiss A Girl?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.