Apr 7, 2003
Colleaugue who is HBsAg +, antiHBc + and antiHBe+ with HBV PCR result <1000 genome/ml 5 months earlier had a needlestick injury and was given hepatitis B booster. Does Hepatitis B booster affect HBV PCR analysis?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Vaccine booster does not affect either HBV or PCR. However would make sure that the PCR is indeed negative with a repeat. Sounds promising! DTD
spit eye hep transmission
Am I a Hep B carrier
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- Excessive Clear Vaginal Discharge
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.