Apr 7, 2003
Colleaugue who is HBsAg +, antiHBc + and antiHBe+ with HBV PCR result <1000 genome/ml 5 months earlier had a needlestick injury and was given hepatitis B booster. Does Hepatitis B booster affect HBV PCR analysis?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Vaccine booster does not affect either HBV or PCR. However would make sure that the PCR is indeed negative with a repeat. Sounds promising! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- Do They Test For Hiv In Routine Blood Tests?
- Does Multivitamin Supplement Have Any Adverse Effects With Atripla?
- Has Any Case Been Detected Hiv After 6 Months
- High Risk Hiv Antibody Negative After 11 Months
- Hiv From Fingering Vagina By A Man
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.