|Concerned about AIDS
Mar 21, 2003
Been tested for Hepatitis C. I'm okay. Worried about possible AIDS/HIV. Subject has Hep. C, ex-needle user, drug addict now, which was unknown. What are syptoms; how long should you be tested? Told up to three to five years of blood work?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
After 3 months if you check both HCV and HIV viral loads you can stop worrying about that exposure. If you use antibodies you should wait 6 months.DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Sore Throat?
- Does Itchy Skin Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.