|Is safe sex for hep C couples necessary?
Mar 3, 2003
Does a couple who both have Hep C run a risk to increase their viral count by not practicing safe sex? And if your opinion is no, what is your information based on?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If it is a gay male couple who are having anal sex, then they should practice safe sex. However HCV is not well transmitted if at all through heterosexual vaginal sex between monogamous partners. The CDC recommends no change in sexual behavior in couples who are engaging in that even if one of the couple is negative. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.