Stopping hep B treatment

I am hiv positive with very low viral loads (under 2500) prior to meds. I also have active chronic Hep B with stage 3 fibrosis. My doc(s) put me on Trizivir and Viread 1 year ago and now both viruses are undetectable, my functions are within normal range. The meds are having some side effects and we are discussing stopping treatment to give me a break and see if I have cleared the hep B for good. Would you stay with the meds another year or take a break if you were me? How would you proceed?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hard to say without the data. If you have converted your e antigen to e antibody you may be able to stop and see where your HBV is. If not it is likely to come right back. If you just want to treat the HBV off HIV meds, then adefovir is the best bet. It has no HIV activity. Good luck! DTD

I think you sent a typo in your answer
Is safe sex for hep C couples necessary?