|Stopping hep B treatment
Mar 3, 2003
I am hiv positive with very low viral loads (under 2500) prior to meds. I also have active chronic Hep B with stage 3 fibrosis. My doc(s) put me on Trizivir and Viread 1 year ago and now both viruses are undetectable, my functions are within normal range. The meds are having some side effects and we are discussing stopping treatment to give me a break and see if I have cleared the hep B for good. Would you stay with the meds another year or take a break if you were me? How would you proceed?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hard to say without the data. If you have converted your e antigen to e antibody you may be able to stop and see where your HBV is. If not it is likely to come right back. If you just want to treat the HBV off HIV meds, then adefovir is the best bet. It has no HIV activity. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.