For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

How can I prevent the acute to cirrhosis

Dear Doctor:

Is there any possible way to prevent acute hepatitis B to become cirrhosis. Since I got this disease 2 month ago. I am just worry. Since I got this side effect for 2 month. My result: HBsAg + HBeAg + HBcAg + ALT and AST : 58 this result in around 2 month ago. Doctor wants me to see the result after 6 month. Do I have Heptatitis B.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Most hepatitis B resolves on its own in fact about 85%. If it does not then you should certainly be treated after 6 months. What you shouuld do in the meantime is take good care of yourself. Don't drink alcohol and remember that you are contagious through blood and sex. All your close contacts should be vaccinated for hepatitis B if they are not immune. Good luck! DTD

HCV viral load and liver damage
I think you sent a typo in your answer