|HCV viral load and liver damage
Feb 27, 2003
Is there a correltion between the HCV viral load in the blood and the damage to the liver? If the viral load is high in blood, is there more risk of damage to the liver, or is it not as simple as that? Thanks for sharing your knowledge...
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is no correlation between HCV viral load and liver damage. Unfortunately it is not helpful. Liver biopsy is the only way to see the amount of damage in the liver. The viral load is one of the predictors of response to treatment. If the viral load is less than 2 or 3 million copies the chances of a cure are better. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.