|Does Viread repair liver fibrosis?
Feb 24, 2003
I had liver failure when chronic Hep B "reemerged" after 20 years (I was on epivir for 4 years at that time). Now after being on Viread for over a year my liver function tests are almost normal, though platelets are still low. Does Viread repair fibrosis and heal the liver? Or does it just slow down the rate of damage from the hep B?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! The drug itself does not repair fibrosis or cirrhosis but your body does! When the drug lowers the HBV levels to near zero, then your liver's natural recuperative powers come into effect and take over. Your liver may be much better than before. That is great news! Keep up the good work! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.