Hep C AND SEX

I have Hep C for 32 years and just recently developed ulcerative colitis and an abcess after having sex;does one have something to do with the other?Also I had anal sex with protection but apparently the condom broke and i got herpes;Is it possible that if I got herpes he could have gotten Hep C from me?..NN

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I doubt that it is ulcerative colitis if you got it after sex. It is likely a sexually transmitted disease and you should make sure you are tested for all of them. Yes it is possible that you could have transmitted HCV thru anal intercourse particularly if there was another disease involved. Go get tested for HCV, HAV and HBV and HIV. You can get vaccines for HAV and HBV and you can get stronger condoms too. Be careful! DTD

Hep A and blood donation
Hepatitis A