Hep A and blood donation

I received Vacc's for A and B a few years ago. Given at cost at my job (Airline) I later got tested for both,While getting a full exam. Turns out at one time i was exposed to Hep A. Dr. says dont worry about it. I donate blood a few times per year, and was never contacted by blood bank So do you think its Ok to still donate? Do blood banks screen for Hep A? Also note, I dont have HIV I just like to educate myself and enjoy learning from this site. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You were exposed to Hep A by the vaccine! That is good news! It means that the vaccine is working. Go ahead and give blood and congratulations on getting vaccinated. More people should! DTD

Dentist
Hep C AND SEX