Feb 18, 2003
Can I get Hep.C and/or HIV from dirty dental tools?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes if they are contaminated with blood. The famous case in Florida seems to be a case of purposeful transmission of HIV. However the data also suggest that the risk of transmission with a solid bore instrument ( not a hypodermic needle) is quite low. Use this occaison to get tested and then vaccinated for hepatitis A and B if you are negative for those. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.