|Exposed to HEP C treated for HEP B
Feb 18, 2003
I have tested positive for HEP B back in October of 2002 and I received the first of 2 immunization shots from a local clinic, I will receive the second one in April 2003. In my investigation of how I might have contracted the disease I found my partner tested positive for HEP C. Should I be tested and or treated for HEP C as well?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Absulutely get tested for HCV. I am assuming that you are getting the HAV vaccine since you have HBV already. HCV is not well transmitted heterosexually, but is quite commonly transmitted between gay men. Get tested and get evaluated for treatment if you test positive. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.