|Exposed to HEP C treated for HEP B
Feb 18, 2003
I have tested positive for HEP B back in October of 2002 and I received the first of 2 immunization shots from a local clinic, I will receive the second one in April 2003. In my investigation of how I might have contracted the disease I found my partner tested positive for HEP C. Should I be tested and or treated for HEP C as well?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Absulutely get tested for HCV. I am assuming that you are getting the HAV vaccine since you have HBV already. HCV is not well transmitted heterosexually, but is quite commonly transmitted between gay men. Get tested and get evaluated for treatment if you test positive. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.