Exposed to HEP C treated for HEP B

I have tested positive for HEP B back in October of 2002 and I received the first of 2 immunization shots from a local clinic, I will receive the second one in April 2003. In my investigation of how I might have contracted the disease I found my partner tested positive for HEP C. Should I be tested and or treated for HEP C as well?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Absulutely get tested for HCV. I am assuming that you are getting the HAV vaccine since you have HBV already. HCV is not well transmitted heterosexually, but is quite commonly transmitted between gay men. Get tested and get evaluated for treatment if you test positive. Good luck! DTD

CD4 counts after radiation therapy
Each day I see another sunrise