Rarely answered Q.& A. on Hep C,

Hi Doc.; I recently did some reading up on the symptomatic problems associated with Hepatitis C.

Could You Take A moment, and Give us All A quick Run-Down on the , say 4-5 most common affects or medical complications that we generaly hear very little about of Hep C,! Please include less familar, or should I say..other than the most common that are frequently published.

Such as Liver cirrohsiss, and simple symptoms like some folks have abdominal pain from mild to severe, some have skin irritations related to the nerves near the livers outer capsule. Mild depresion etc! Lack of energy and the like, what I am really in need of is the serious other things that Hep C can manifest in the body.

I think your other readers may also find these things really informative too. Thanks Dr. D.

Humbly, Dadio1331

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question. There are many things that hepatitis C can do that are not obvious. The newest on the list is neuropsychiatric effects, that is on the brain. That can cause fatigue, numbness and tingling depression and perhaps lack of concentration. HCV can also cause right upper quadrant pain when you get tired and sometimes not. It can cause skin rashes, diabetes and perhaps even lymphoma. Of course it can also cause cirrhosis and liver failure. There are some kinds of arthritis associated with it as well. Lots of things to think about. The good news is that it is curable and when cured these other symptoms go away! DTD

I'd Like to Share Pos. Results!
HepB - LAM - eAg Neg