For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Sexually Transmitted Hepatitis C/Homosexual Men

I am very concerned! I recently found out that a former sexual partner may have contracted hepatitis c. It has been almost 2 months since i have even spoken to him and I have (within the past 3 days) have had a constant tingling or peripheral neuropathy feeling in my left elbow, from the elbow down to my finger tips also making it painful to unclench my hand. Could this be a symptom?

And also I was the top in this sexual relationship in which intercourse occurred twice without protection. Could I have contracted it by this behavior? PLEASE HELP ME!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C is a sexually transmitted disease in gay men and I have also seen at least one case in gay women. Your symptoms are not likely HCV however you should get tested for all STD's if you have had an unsafe encounter and that includes HCV. Be careful! DTD

Weird mutant
Is it fatal